When possible, please send vector files in Adobe Illustrator format.
Vector files are scalable without loss of detail when scaling. If
vector files cannot be supplied and redrawing is required on any or
all of the components, another day needs to be added to the production
4 Color Process Specifications
- Artwork must be @ 100% (final size) or larger.
- Must be @ 300dpi or higher.(If the artwork is smaller than the
imprint area, then the dpi needs to be @ 600dpi.)
- There is no accurate way to redraw 4 color process images and we
cannot redraw photos.
- * Note: Increasing the size of the image will decrease the dpi of
- All fonts used in the design must be converted to curves, outlined or rasterized.
(This is to prevent any font related issues.)
Minimum Text / Line Thickness:
- See Fig 1.
- The ideal line thickness is 3 pts for opacity. All printable areas
within the artwork should be a minimum of 3 pts thick (.0417").
- * Note: Areas less than 3pts. will print, but might not be opaque
enough, except white. Ideally, white will be opaque as small as 1pt.
(.0139"). Anything less than 1 pt will not print.
- Colors should be CMYK. Not all RGB colors can be rendered in CMYK.
Therefore, you can make any necessary adjustments before sending
- Blues need to have a difference of 35% or more between Cyan and
Magenta. If not, they will print purple.
- Grays should be created from black or they may produce undesired
results if CMYK.
Soft Edge / Transparency / Overprint:
- Design needs to be a solid shape without soft edges, transparencies